Just what is this thing that you do?

I get asked all the time if I blow glass, if I  do stained glass, if I put glass in a flame.  

No, not yet, sometimes......

Most of the time, I FUSE glass.


Bullseye Glass explains: "Fusing is the technique of joining two or more pieces of glass by heat in a kiln. There are different glass fusing techniques.  For example, “tack fusing” is a fusing technique in which the pieces of  glass are heated until they are just hot enough to stick together and retain many of their own original characteristics. In a full fuse, on the other hand, glass is heated until it becomes molten. "

I primarily use Bullseye Glass that is handcrafted in the United States.  There are many forms of this art glass: sheet, powdered, frit, stringer and rods to name a few.

I fuse using many techniques - including pulling molten glass from my kiln (below) to be used in special projects!  Come and visit; I love to answer questions about glass.